onsdag 12 november 2008

Finally ! ! ! !

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing..... the new newest member of the medical workforce in Sverige!
I finally have the job! ! Yipppeee! 
Had an interview with two of the bosses at the hospital. One is the studie rektor and the other the chief of the section I will be working at. After a few minutes discussion (during which I killed so many Swedish buffaloe that they soon will be even more extinct here), I was asked to wait for ten minutes. The one who called the meeting then came and told me that I had the job and introduced me to the department chief who will be my immediate supervisor. Of course I will start at the lowest rung in the ladder but that is okay. That is how I will learn about the system and psychiatry in Sweden. I am so looking forward to working again!

The funny thing with the language is how fast it flies out of your head when you do not use it regularly. Though I had observed that my swedish had deteroriated, I was amazed at the extent of deterorition when I tried to speak with these people. They also spoke so fast that I wondered if everyone else I have been speaking to had been making a conscious effort to speak super slowly and tydligt. Well, here I come. I am also looking forward to finally learning and speaking even better swedish. They say I can start as soon as the paperwork is finished. Hi hi hi!

So, as part of the celebration, I will be meeting another invandrare doctor friend to talk about all this and to give her her wedding present. Many of my friends (other doctors) from the language course have been very interested in keeping in touch and filling each other in on how we are doing job or careerwise. I will send smses to a few of them. 
Yipppeee! 
Now I hope that I will be able to prove that I know what I know and what I am doing, på svenska! :-)

Inga kommentarer: