söndag 19 oktober 2008

Simply disgusting!


For several weeks now I have struggled with tooth pain. Being a tooth that had undergone root canal therapy last year and then rechecked (because of a nagging pain) both in July and August this year, I was sure it was an infection. Dessutom gjorde tanden ont när jag tuggade men inte med kyla eller värma saker. Jag bestämde mig att det var en infektion. Det vad det tandläkaren hade konstatererat i Juli när han gav mig tio dagar av Flagyl. Efter fem av de dagarna var jag helt färdig med Flagylen. Det kände mig så himla sjuk att jag kräktes och mådde så dålig att jag slutade med behandlingen. Jag tyckte också att fem dagar räckte. Då var allt bra tills för tre veckor sedan när smärtan återuppstod. 
Jag borstade tänderna och sköljde med Listerine 3 ggr/dygn men det hjälpte inte. För fem dagar sedan märkte jag någon svullning på tandköttet. Efter tre dagar blen svullning gul. Pus! I said to myself and rinsed even more fervently with listerine. Well, why didn't I go to the dentist you might ask. For one, the whole process is a pain, call, try to book an appointment, no, sorry the re is no appointment till next month. Oh.. no, maybe the earliest we can get you is next week. And the last time I had been there with tooth pain, albeit without pus, it had all seemed so much like maybe this and maybe that and I cannot be sure if this infection like thing we see under this tooth was present before they did the root canal or is a new development. Well, I figured I could self medicate with my stash of antibiotics. Problemet vad att allt jag hade inte var verksamt mot de bakterierna som orsaker peridontal abcesses. Igår, efter att jag hade märkte att the pus filled abcess was growing, ringde jag min syrra och berättade. Hon föreslog att jag skulle tar de antibiotikerna som jag har medan jag försökte ta reda på hur snabbt jag kunde få en tid hos tandläkaren. Det gjorde jag. I morse upptäckte jag att situationen var värre. Eftersom jag visste att pus must be evacuated, bestämde jag att göra egna åtgärder. 
A few minutes ago I took a needle, sterilised it first with hibitane then with a flame till it glowed red. I then went to the bathroom mirror and lanserade the abcess! Eeeewwww! Didgusting. There was a substatial amount of pus. Okay like 2ml which came out. Jag tryckte lite grann på surrounding tandköttet och tried to empty the pus. Some came out between the tooth and the gum. Ewwweeee! Yuck! After wiping it away with some cotton, I brushed my teeth and the whole mouth and rinsed with the all powerful ;-) listerine.  And I am not even living in the jungle. This is in the middle of Stockholm!
Now I seriouly have to go to a dentist. Been thinking that maybe I might even develop osteomylitis of the jaw! How terrible that would be! Not flattering at all. And certainly notcontribute to heavenly smelling breath! Now I have to check the dental surgeries for who can take me as early as possible tomorrow morn.
Tra la! 

Inga kommentarer: