tisdag 21 oktober 2008

Simply unfair: Of teeth and dental charges

Was at the dentist's this afternoon, or rather evening. Had not drained my abcess today so it looked pretty impressive. Having examined me she decided that I needed antibiotics and that the tooth needed to be extracted. 
Extraction! ! ! That means I will have two whole teeth gone from my lower jaw! And they are both molars, one from each side. How is one supposed to chew and enjoy food!? Well, she did not even poke the yellow mess to let it drain a little. So, with a date booked I went to the recetion, paid my bill and left.
First, I was shocked at the price. 670kr for this brief visit. A similar visit to my regular dentist with exactly the same examination, x-rays and even a littl more done I had paid 350kr from which had been deducted försäkringkassas very generous contribution of 150kr. Now here I was paying so much more. On checking the receipt again, I found that they had billed, apart from the examination and x-ray, 340kr for treatment and simple procedures towards treatment of the problem. BUT WHICH TREATMENT! ! ? I only got a prescription. (I had also got one from my old dentist who charged me only 350kr). In my opinion, this is daylight robbery. But I will give the office the benefit of doubt and assume that being the last patent of the day, they were tired and confused and billed for something they did not do. I will call them tomorrow to ask about this. And in the future, I will stick to my old faithful and fun dentist! Serves me right for dentist shopping. 

Inga kommentarer: